Ceres automated light deprivation systems allow for total control of light levels for flowering crops for commercial or medical cannabis. Systems can be custom designed for complete darkness.
Light deprivation is a necessary component of a cannabis greenhouse and is available in all of our HighYield™ and Custom built greenhouses.
- Light deprivation systems are customized for your greenhouse
- Fully sealed perimeters with custom built light-lock gutters, creating black-out conditions
- Integrates with easy to operate controls
- Light deprivation curtain are UV-stabilized for a long lifespan
- Curtains available in a range of thicknesses. Three-layer curtains create complete light deprivation
- Custom built motors and motor control with automatic load
- Our solid end wall design means we have less surface area in need of blacking out, which means a much tighter light deprivation system
Why Do I Need Light Deprivation in My Greenhouse?
Cannabis and many flowering crops are highly responsive to a photoperiod. In simple terms, the plants have evolved to begin flowering at a specific day length.
Greenhouse light deprivation systems allow the grower to control light levels to achieve the desired plant response. This allows for multiple harvests in a year, and can add millions of dollars in revenue to a cannabis operation. Given those facts, light deprivation systems are the norm in cannabis greenhouses. They create the best of both worlds: using free natural light, and creating a highly controlled environment for year-round harvests. Ceres cannabis greenhouses accommodate this with automated light deprivation systems, which use 12 hours of natural light, followed by 12 hours of darkness.