CANNABIS SUPPLEMENTAL GROW LIGHTS
Supplemental lighting is required to optimize plant growth, plant quality and ultimately profits in low light conditions such as mornings/evenings, winter days with low light levels, and cloudy days. Luckily, Ceres’ greenhouses are engineered with full spectrum UV glazings, so that artificial lighting is always supplemental.
Free the Sun
Understanding PPFD (Photosynthetic Photon Flux Density), DLI (Daily Light Integral), and PAR (Photosynthetic Active Radiation) are necessary in order to properly control the optimal amount, wavelength, and intensity of light for your plants during any stage of growth.
LED Cannabis Grow Lights
- Produces light by passing an electrical current through a semiconductor material
- Up to 80% less energy than High-Pressure Sodium Grow lights (HPS)
- Produces 90-130 Im/W, and converts 80-90% of that electricity used into PAR
- Because of low heat loss, they can be placed closer to plants
High-Pressure Sodium Cannabis Grow Lights
- Most commonly used form of cannabis grow lights found in greenhouses
- Produces light in the orange-red spectrum (supports flowering and fruiting)
- Relatively inexpensive compared to other lighting methods
- Inefficient conversion rate (30% of electricity into usable light), the remaining is emitted as heat
Plasma Cannabis Grow Lights
- Light is produced by activating plasma through radio frequency emissions
- Produces 140 Im/W, and 93% conversion rate of electricity into useful light
- Long life- 100,000 hours
Growing cannabis requires very specific lighting requirements. We offer a variety of lighting solutions designed to suit the needs of each individual operation.
Ceres automated light deprivation systems allow for total control of photoperiod.
Water systems are designed to help conserve water, reduce costs, optimize nutrient use, and eliminate wastewater disposal requirements.
Whether it’s bio filters, or air purification fans, our systems for moving and filtering air are designed to maintain a healthy and flourishing environment.
A modified geothermal / ground source based heat pump system designed primarily for greenhouses. A complete cooling, heating, and dehumidification solution.
A ground to air heat exchanger, a system often referred to as a ‘Climate Battery’. A good source of supplemental heating and cooling for a vented greenhouse.